The Great Lakes Observing System does not discriminate against any views. However, we do reserve the right to delete comments posted to our social media accounts that:
- Are violent, obscene, profane, hateful or racist
- Are sexually explicit or sexually harassing
- Threaten, harass, or defame any person or organization
- Spread misleading or false information/accusations
- Are inappropriate or offensive
- Are irrelevant or off-topic
- Suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Are copied and pasted multiple times
- Solicit, advertise, link to, or endorse any financial, commercial or nongovernmental agency
In short, we don’t edit comments to remove objectionable content, so please ensure that your comment contains none of the above. Please be respectful of others. Do not abuse the privilege of participating in our public, family-friendly forums. Repeat violators of any of these guidelines risk being blocked from commenting on all Great Lakes Observing System social media websites.
We recognize that the web is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends will be read and posted twice per week or as time is available during business hours.
We encourage public interaction and communication about the content we post on our social media accounts. However, this does not imply that the Great Lakes Observing System agrees with or accepts the content, opinions, or views expressed within any public comment. The person who posts a comment is solely responsible for the content of the comment.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment.