Observing data shared through GLOS is IOOS Certified, meaning that it’s trusted, valuable, and will have a wider scientific reach.
Data served via GLOS is certified by the Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS), which means that it adheres to common federal standards for the entire data lifecycle.
Through GLOS, your data can be easily shared with other researchers and data systems and better integrated into the network.
Many researchers and organizations choose to connect their data to GLOS because IOOS Certified data:
- Adheres to best practices for data collection, quality control, naming, storage, archival, and integrations.
- Is trusted and shareable across both federal and non-federal organizations.
- Can be used confidently by users including boaters, beachgoers, policymakers, and resource managers.
- Fulfills many data publishing requirements for federal grants from EPA, NSF, and NOAA.
- Is continually monitored and cross-checked by GLOS staff.
- Is archived with NOAA’s National Center for Environmental Information for long-term access.